We discussed some ideas about how we might improve our skills on the radio, both in changing frequency and passing messages.
Several ideas were proffered:
- Everyone gets a word and you collect all the words from everyone else.
- Pass messages around in a circle across repeaters.
- Do a game of Chinese whispers.
- Do a game of hide-and-seek across repeaters.
- Do a game of chase across repeaters.
- We shouldn't barge into repeaters that are in use.
- We should also work on free-tuning contacts, not repeater only.
- Using the repeater network will focus on getting messages and changing channels. It's a simple way to get started. Later we might change to SSB/FM contacts point-to-point.
- We should each get an idea of which repeaters we can reach and have programmed into our radios.